Vice President Kamala Harris' stepdaughter, Ella Emhoff, stole the fashion limelight on Inauguration Day on 20th January 2021. Standing out next to established style icons like Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga was always the one to steal away the event’s thunder. Still, on a day of block colors and monochromatic looks, Kamala’s stepdaughter, Ella, 22, stole the fashion limelight.
Ella sported a plaid Miu Miu coat with embellished shoulders and a large embroidered white collar. Underneath, she wore a Batsheva dress with a black mask and a Loeffler Randall headband. Much of the buzz centered on her Miu Miu coat.
Ella’s look went instantly viral, leaving many excited about what the design student and budding artist specializing in knitwear at Parsons School of Design in New York City might bring to the White House over the next four years.
Everyone's talking about Ella Emhoff's sparkly coat but can I just say how nice it is to see Jewish curls in their natural if slightly windblown state in a town of near-universal blow-drying and hair ironing? — Garance Franke-Ruta (@thegarance) January 20, 2021
Walking down the Capitol steps alongside her brother, Cole, Ella instantly became the center of attention.
Facts On Ella Emhoff
- Ella Emhoff was born on 29th May 1999 to parents Douglas Emhoff and Kerstin Emhoff. Her parents divorced in 2008 after 16 years of marriage.
- Ella’s father, Douglas, married Vice President Kamala Harris on 22nd August 2014 in Sant Barbara, California.
- Moreover, her step-mother Kamala does not have any biological children of her own.
- Ella stands at the height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.72 meters).
- During her stepmother’s oath ceremony, Ella was caught wiggling her eyebrow, ‘gif’ which went viral on social media.