Amy Tinkler is a retired British artistic gymnast. Initially, she derived her fame from the 2016 Olympic floor exercise bronze medalist and the 2015 British all-around champion.
Now, Amy is known for starring in a popular dance reality show, Dancing On Ice. Let’s learn why she chose to dance and retired from gymnastics.
All Facts On Amy Tinkler
- Amy was born on 27th October 1999 in Durham, United Kingdom.
- Her parents are named Nora and Michael Tinkler.
- For education, Amy attended Durham High School for Girls.
- She stands tall at the height of 5 feet (1.52 meters), weighing 47 kgs. She was once a victim of fat-shaming. Since she was a teenager, she was a gymnast and played as an artistic gymnast for the British team. She competed at the British Artistic Championships in 2013, at the English National Championships, and Summer Olympics in Rio in 2016.
- Amy won multiple championships before her ankle ligaments tore, due to which she had to withdraw from the Commonwealth Games in 2018. However, in 2020, she announced her retirement from gymnastics.
- Her injury was not the only reason for her retirement, but she also went through body image issues. After being fat-shamed, she submitted a formal letter to the British Gymnastics’ governing body but remained unanswered for over seven months.
- Whatsoever, Amy’s short-lived but highly successful career made her a well-known personality and thickened her net worth.
- Later, Amy replaced Denise Van Outen for the ITV show Dancing On Ice, which led Amy to regain her confidence. She has been working tirelessly to stand out in public with her Dancing On Ice partner, Joe Johnsen.
- Talking about Amy’s love life, she is dating a French singer, Max Cinnamon. Somewhere in April 2020, the couple started dating and often features in each other social media account.