A lesbian unscripted docuseries titled Tampa Baes follows a group of young lesbian friends in the Florida harbor city as they navigate the ups and downs of life.
The official synopsis reads: “Meet the Tampa Baes: The young lesbian “it-crowd.”
An Amazon Studios reads,
“Always ready for an adventure or a good party, this group of loyal friends — and sometimes more than friends — is ambitious and unapologetic while constantly battling stereotypes and labels.”
The casts; Melanie Posner, Ali Myers, Nelly Ramirez, Shiva Pishdad, Jordan Whitley, Marissa Gialousis, Summer Mitchell, Cuppie Bragg, Brianna Murphy, Haley Grable, Olivia Mullins, and Mack McKenzie, will face pivotal decisions in their personal and professional lives.
In this article, we will focus on Melanie Posner, a fine artist.
Melanie Posner On Tampa Baes
Melanie is one of the cast members Tampa Baes introduced. She will be shown navigating and celebrating life in Tampa Bay – Florida’s LGBTQ+ hub and the place to see and be see.
Posner is always ready for an adventure or a good party; thus, she is more than honored and excited to be in a show focusing on the lives of lesbians.
After she and other cast members were officiated, Melanie took to her Instagram account @therealmelpoz to announce she and her pals made it to the New York Post, People Magazine, Yahoo within 24 hours.
As the cast and production teams awaited the show’s premiere in the U.S. UK. Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, India, and all across the world, the casts are already facing criticism for lack of gender and racial diversity.
Who Is Melanie?
Melanie Posner is a Fine Artist and Muralist working mostly in the St. Petersburg, Florida area. Since January 2017, she has been doing her own freelance at Melanie Posner Art. Her art is advanced in multiple mediums and works with business owners in creating custom murals, logos, signs, paintings for their companies and brands.
Posner also lives paints for festivals and events throughout America, and her work can be seen in restaurants, local galleries, and at most places in Tampa Bay.
Melanie also created St. Petersburg’s famous ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural. She sells her work at melanieposner.com.
As of now, she has made an estimated net worth of $350K.
Facts On Tampa Baes Star
- Melanie Posner was born on 17th October 1993 in a Jewish family in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- She and her sister Rachel Posner was raised by their single father, Larry Posner. Her father, who attended Northeast High School and Community College of Philadelphia, has reached 61 when writing this article.
- About her sister Rachel, she studied Marketing & Psychology and Business Management at Temple University. She is a buyer at Bealls Outlet and associate Buyer at Burlington. She had also worked at Nasty Gal as an assistant merchandiser/buyer.
- Her educational details have not been disclosed to Melanie, but her career as an artist is widely known.
- She stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters).
- Peeking inside her personal life, she came out at the age of thirteen, and since then, she has been thriving. As per her dating status, her current relationship status remains a mystery; however, in the past, she dated her girlfriend, Nicole McHenry. In early 2016, she started dating her, and in December 2016, Melanie cited Nicole as the best first she received that year.
- The same year, on her Facebook, she wrote -- “I always feel really awkward when people say my girlfriend and I look like sisters.”
- On 23rd March 2020, she shared a dog picture and mentioned that her dog was originally her girlfriend’s birthday gift.