Cassandra Coleman is one of the top 12 finalists running to win ‘American Idol’ season 19. The 24-year-old singer performed a moody cover of Chris Isaak’s classic “Wicked Game” on Sunday’s Top 16 episode.
Coleman opened slowly. In the latter half, she brought all her energy and emotion, letting her voice break at appropriate moments and twisting the song’s arrangement according to her unique style.
Her performance moved the judge Katy Perry and showed hair on her LEGS, standing up, admitting she hasn't shaved them since birth.
‘Your voice is a spiritual experience’.
‘It is otherworldly angelic. And as a new mother, I don’t have very much time, so I’ve quit shaving my legs. But when you sang, the hair on my legs grew an inch-and-a-half. So—full body chills! It was amazing.’
Cassandra has constantly impressed judges and viewers with her performance and will be fighting for a spot in the top 10.
Let’s learn who Cassandra Coleman is and her journey on American Idol so far. Here’s what you need to know about her before her next performance.
Who Is Cassandra Coleman?
- Cassandra Coleman was born on 15th May 1996 in Nashville, Tennesse. Her parents are Lucinda Coleman and Jack Coleman. Her father, an Ohio State University graduate, served in the U.S. Army and is a teacher at the Sullivan County School.
- Meanwhile, her mother, Lucinda, is also an elementary teacher.
- Moreover, Cassandra has four siblings, one of her siblings being Jessica Coleman Gaston. All the siblings were homeschooled because of their father’s job; they moved around a lot growing up.
- Cassandra stands at the height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.62 meters). More about her distinct features, she is a redhead and has a beautiful pair of Dark Brown eyes.
- Cassandra was introduced to music at a young age. She mentioned that her mother always had music floating through the house and played artists like Enya, Stevie Nicks, and James Taylor. Her parent’s taste made a huge impact on her life.
- In Los Angeles, she auditioned and performed The Way It Was by The Killers and "Apologize" by OneRepublic and received yes from three judges. Later in the Hollywood Round, she sang Running with the Wolves by Aurora and Too Close by Alex Clare and made it to the next round.
- For her Top 24 performance, she sang Apologize by OneRepublic and Find Me by Sigma, featuring Birdy. Now, she has made it to the Top 12.
Continue Reading: Hunter Metts -- One Of The Standout Contestants On American Idol Season 19
- Cassandra, who had struggled with stage fright, has made her parents as well as judges proud. She has always been open about her fear, and in her Instagram post, she revealed that stagefright crippled her to the point of becoming cotton-mouthed. Until now, her fear kept her from pursuing.
- However, her decision to joining American Idol made her much stronger.