Garrett Haake is one of the talented reporters best known for his works on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt (1970), NBC News Special: The Funeral of Ted Kennedy (2009), and The Ben Shapiro Show (2015).
As a journalist, he has managed to bag the regional Emmy award twice.
People are also trying to find about his personal life apart from his professional life. Let’s take you to his bio, unveiling his married life, age, height, net worth, and many more.
15 Facts About Garrett Haake
- Garrett was born on 14th April 1985 in Austin, Texas, to David Haake and Marylou Haake.
- His father worked in the cybersecurity business development department of Siemens Energy.
- More to his family, Garrett has two brothers Jack Haake and Rusty Haake. One of his brothers, Jack, works as VP at JP Morgan in New York, and the other works at Lockheed Martin as an engineer.
- Garrett has a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 meters). With great size, he also carries a dashing personality which catches the attention of many.
- For education, he graduated from Klein High School in 2003. After that, he joined Southern Methodist University, where he received the signed memoir of American journalist Anderson Cooper.
- However, before completing his bachelor’s degree, he made a debut at NBC. Later he started his internship at NBC Nightly News in New York. He got his intern at NBC because of British actress Lucy Scott.
- Later, after his graduation, he was appointed as an assistant job for NBC Nightly News.
- In 2011, Garrett was embedded in the United States Senator Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign. He got a chance to travel 36 states to shoot videos, help produce interviews and blogs, and demonstrate the technical skills required to broadcast the videos.
- Now, in 2021, Haake works as a correspondent at NBC News’ Capitol Hill. Recently, he covered the impeachment of 45th U.S. President Donald Trump and the Capitol Hill riot.
Interesting Read: Meet American stand-up comedian Bill Burr’s Wife Nia Renee Hill!
- From his career, Garrett has made an estimated net worth of $1.5 million.
- Moving on to his love life, he is currently dating Allison Harris. She is also an American journalist based in Washington, D.C.
- The couple first met in 2019 and soon started dating. On their respective Instagram account, they are often seen featuring each other.
- Before dating each other, Garrett and Allison were previously married. Garrett was married to Sara Murray, whom he met while working together on Mitt Romney’s campaign. In 2015, the couple got engaged following their marriage on 22nd April 2017. Their wedding was held in Austin, Texas. Sadly, the couple decided to part ways.
- Likewise, Garrett’s girlfriend Allison was married to Amir Shawn Fairdosi. They got hitched on 13th October 2015 in Dallas, Texas.
Garrett Haake First Wife
Garrett Haake’s first wife happens to be Sara Murray, a writer on business, society, and the environment. They first met while they were working on Mitt Romney’s campaign, and at that time, Sarah worked as CNN political correspondent.
After the end of the campaign, Garrett and Sara started dating. In 2015, Haake proposed to Sara and got engaged over Thanksgiving.
On 22nd April 2017, they exchanged their nuptial knot in Austin, Texas, receiving a colorful statement that became the toast on their marriage day.
The couple shares a daughter but kept her away from the limelight. Sadly, the couple got divorced and moved on with their life.