Who Is ‘Deadliest Catch’ Star Sig Hansen’s Daughter Nina Hansen?
Nina Hansen is the daughter of "Deadliest Catch" star Sigurd Jonny Hansen, professionally known as Sig Hansen. She, however, is not actively involved in the entertainment field like Sig. Many people tried to reach her but tracked very few details.
Wasting no time, let’s get inside this article to learn Nina’s wiki, age, biological parents, net worth, height, husband, children, and many more.
Facts About Nina Hansen
- Nina Hansen was born in 1992; however, we cannot trace her birthday.
- Her biological mother, June Hansen, married her adopted father Sig Hansen in 2001. Information about Nina’s biological father is not found at the moment.
- Her father, Sig, suffered a heart attack in March 2016, and in 2019, her mother June was diagnosed with cancer.
- She also has a sister named Mandy Hansen, who Sig adopted as well.
- Nina’s adopted father, Sig, has an estranged biological daughter named Melissa Eckstrom.
- Nina has a height of 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters).
- She is not only private but also hardly uses any social media platforms. Although she is active on Instagram with the user name @niiinaeliiisa, her account is personal and has only 197 followers.
- Nina appeared in a single episode of ‘Deadliest Catch’ titled The Widowmaker: Part 2 in 2016. However, her sister Mandy has appeared on over 140 episodes of ‘Deadliest Catch.’
- As her professional life seems hidden from the public eye, her net worth also remains a mystery. However, her father, Sig Hansen, has an estimated net worth of $4 million per Celebrity Net Worth.
- Moving on, Nina is married, but her husband’s identity remains a mystery. She and her husband welcomed a son named Jackson in June 2017.
- On the other hand, her sister Mandy is married to Clar Pederson. The couple tied their wedding knot in 2017.
Adopted Father Sig Faces Molestation Accusations
Sig Hansen is being sued by his estranged daughter Melissa Eckstorm for allegedly molesting her as a child.
Melissa, 28, claims that her father sexually abused her at 2 after Sig and Lisa divorced. As a result of trauma, she suffered from eating disorders, battled depression and suicidal thoughts.
Melissa also presented a copy of a diagram she drew during a counseling session. The drawing included ‘mommy’ and ‘daddy’ and arrows pointing to various areas, including one to ‘potty pot.’
'I have memories of my father hurting my genital region. Memories of being in a room alone with my father and crying out in pain,'
However, Sig called the accusations nothing more than an old-fashioned shakedown. Sig also said,
"The allegations are completely false, rehashed lies my ex-wife Lisa Eckstrom used nearly 30 years ago to take away my daughter and has continued to try to use to extort money from me,"
"This is the third time the Eckstrom family has threatened to publicly rehash lies about me unless I pay them a pile of money, and I finally said enough is enough. If you've got something, bring it, because it was BS then, and it is BS now,"
The prosecuting attorney's office ruled that Sig did not commit the abuse, and the probability of Sig abusing Melissa sexually is extremely low.