Who is Daisy Edgar-Jones in real life?
During the 2020 quarantine, plenty of stars faded from the limelight, but all thanks to binge streaming, bringing a few fresh faces that became literal household names overnight.
Daisy Edgar-Jones shot to limelight after she appeared in Hulu's Normal People, an adaptation of the critically-acclaimed Irish novel by an Irish author and screenwriter Sally Rooney.
Marianne, portrayed by Daisy, and Connell Waldron, performed by Paul Mescal, are the series’s main characters. The series contained 12 episodes, and after watching the whole series, people were keen to learn more about leading actress Daisy.
Interestingly Daisy is not entirely Irish, so let’s find out what she is in real life.
All Facts About Daisy Edgar-Jones
- Daisy was born on 24th May 1998 in Islington, London, England. Her mother, Wendy, is Northern Irish, and her father, Philip, is Scottish. Her mother is a TV drama editor, and her father is the director of Sky Arts.
- Daisy studied at The Mount School for Girls and Woodhouse College and later attended the National Youth Theatre. She also enrolled at the Open University.
- She stands at the height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 meters), weighing 53 kgs.
- Daisy first received her breakthrough with a brief stint in the 2016 Outnumbered Christmas Special. She soon established herself as a phenomenal actress and appeared in TV shows like Silent Witness (2017), Gentleman Jack (2019), and War of the Worlds (2019).
- She also landed several significant roles in irreverent comedies, period dramas, and sci-fi adaptations.
- In 2020, she appeared in the critically well-received TV show, Normal People.
- At the age of 22, she has amassed an impressive portfolio and proved herself a highly-competent actress.
- According to nickiswift.com, her net worth is estimated to be $1 million.
- Moving towards her love life, Daisy is rumored to be dating Sebastian Stan. They were spotted together in Vancouver, Canada. During an interview with The Sun, Sebastian raved about Daisy. However, they are an on-screen couple for a new thriller called Fresh.
- Before the rumor, Daisy was previously dating Tom Varey. She met her former boyfriend in 2018 on the set of the movie Pond Life. During the lockdown, the couple lived together in London; however, In February 2021, Daisy announced her split from Tom.