Marcus Bontempelli, the former number four draft has become just the second Western Bulldogs player to be voted football’s best player by his peers.
On Thursday night, Bontempelli was announced as the 2021 AFL Players Association’s most valuable player, another string to the midfielder’s remarkable bow.
Five years on, Marcus, 25, is now the Dogs' captain and talisman. Since that breakthrough flag, his team has had mixed fortunes, twice missing the top eight before losing two consecutive elimination finals. On Saturday night’s semi-final, they won against the Brisbane Lions.
Growing up in Melbourne, Marcus played junior football with Northern Knights, served as Western Bulldogs vice-captain from 2018 to 2019, and captain since the 2020 season.
In the following writing, let’s discover more about a professional Australian rules footballer Marcus.
All Facts On Marcus
- Marcus Bontempelli was born on 24th November 1995 to parents Carol Bontempelli and Geraldine Bontempelli in Melbourne, Victoria. He is the third of four children (Sienna Bontempelli, Olivia Bontempelli, and Alanna Bontempelli) of his parents.
- He is the younger cousin of former St Kilda and North Melbourne player Nick Dal Santo.
- He was educated at Marcellin College, and played junior football for the Eltham Panthers in the Northern Football Netball League junior divisions. He was the sports captain at Marcellin College in his final year, and he played for both the 1st XVIII football team and the 1st basketball team.
- Before he turned to Australian rules football, he had a successful time playing basketball. He played in two winning school basketball premierships becoming a National School Boys Basketball champion.
Don't Miss: Who Is Love Island 2021 Contestant Lucinda Strafford?
- Later for the 2013 season, Marcus played for the Northern Knights in the TAC Cup as a floating half back and forward. Thereafter, he moved into the midfield during his time with the Knights. Throughout the season, he participated in 9 games and kicked 15 goals.
- In 2013, he played for Vic Metro in the AFL Under 18 Championships having a disposal efficiency of 79 percent.
- Making a name as a professional Australian rules footballer, his net worth must be rising significantly. His income mostly comes from his football career. However, he has not disclosed the exact figure of his net worth.
- Peeking inside his personal life, he is yet to share details on his dating life. There was also speculation of him dating someone famous but it seems to be one of those false rumors.
Check Out: 'Teen Mom OG' Couple Tyler Baltierra And Catelynn Lowell Share First Pictures Of Their Baby Girl
- Moreover, he might be seeing someone secretly but whatever it is, until and unless he does not reveal we cannot say anything.
- Marcus stands at the height of 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 meters), weighing 93 kgs.