Richard E Grant is a Liswati-English actor and presenter known for his prominent roles in films such as How to Get Ahead in Advertising (1989), Hudson Hawk (1991), The Player (1992), Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), The Age of Innocence (1993), Spice World (1997), Gosford Park (2001), The Iron Lady (2011), Logan (2017), and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019).
Apart from being an actor, Richard shows a new side in a new BBC Four travel series. Moreover, he has always been open about his wife Joan and his daughter Olivia Grant.
As people are familiar with his daughter Olivia, people may also be wondering and doing some research to find more about Richard’s loved ones. So, finally, you have come to the right place; we tried to provide all possible information about Olivia in this article.
All Facts On Olivia Grant
- Olivia was born on 4th January 1989 as the daughter of actor Richard E. Grant and Joan Washington Grant in London, United Kingdom.
- Her father shared that he was overwhelmed when she was born, and her birth felt like a miracle to him. Before Olivia, they had a baby girl named Tiffany Grant, born at 27 weeks. Sadly, she only lived for half an hour because of her underdeveloped lungs. Her mother had multiple miscarriages and was told not to have any kids.
- Luckily, Olivia became a miracle in her parent’s life. Olivia also has a half-brother named Tom Washington from her mother’s previous marriage.
- Talking about her mother, Joan, born in Aberdeen, was a dialect coach. For education, she attended Aberdeen High School and Drama School. She also trained to become a voice teacher at the Central School of Speech and Drama.
- As a dialect coach, Joan had worked with movie stars. She had contributed to the movies and theatre such as Captain Correlli’s Mandolin, The Weather Man, 101 Dalmations, Edmond, All My Sons, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Schindler’s List, The Crucible, The Goar, Suddenly Last Summer, and Ride Down Mount Morgan.
- Sadly, Olivia's mother Joan Washington died on Thursday night (2nd August 2021). Her father Richard wrote a heartfelt message for his late wife.
“ONLY YOU!Joan – Love of my Life & Giver of Life to our daughter Olivia. Our hearts are broken with the loss of your Life last night. 35 years married & 38 together.
“To be truly known and seen by you, is your immeasurable gift. Do not forget us, sweet Monkee-mine.”
- Getting back to Olivia, she attended The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and the Central School of Speech and Drama. Later, she earned her foundation degree in 2008 from LAMDA. After that, she studied American Literature & Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia, graduating with 1st Class Honors.
- Grants had also attended BEADLES, a school founded in 1983 by John Haden Badley.
- She stands at the height of 5 feet 8.5 inches (1.74 meters). She is few inches shorter than her father Richard, who measures 6 feet 2 inches (1.87 meters).
- Per her social media presence, she is present on Instagram under username @oliviagranted, where she has 348 followers; however, her account is private. Moreover, she is active on the Twitter account @OliviaGranted and has over 23K tweets and 775 followers.
- Moving towards her professional life, she works as a casting associate and director. She has been working with Lucy Bevan Casting for nearly ten years.
- When attending BEADLES, she said she worked as a runner/PA for The Theory of Everything and Florence Foster Jenkins. While she earned a great experience learning production from the ground up, she realized her passion for casting.
- As a production team, some of her notable works include Breath, Beast and the Beast, Christopher Robin, Murder on the Orient Express Collateral, The Good Liar, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, The Batman, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, Master of the Air, and Artemis Fowl.
- Later, after she started working as a casting director, she wrote a few articles about feminism for Harper’s Bazaar, in Elle UK & Australia.
- Furthermore, she partnered with her father Richard and created a unisex perfume called Jack Perfume. The father-daughter duo has also launched several products like Jack Bady Wash, Jack - RICHMOND, JACK CANDLE, JACK - PICCADILLY CANDLES, and JACK COVENT GARDEN.
- In addition to her entertainment career, she is also an advocate of social issues such as Mental Health and Climate Change.
- As of now, she has an estimated net worth of $400K; meanwhile, her father Richard has made a net worth of $4 million.
- Apart from her professional life, let’s peek inside her personal life. Olivia is not married, and also her current relationship status remains a mystery. However, in the past, she dated a guy named Charles D Streeter. On her Twitter account, she briefly discussed her boyfriend and dating life.
- In November 2013, Olivia tweeted, “Making the boyfriend very jealous with my reactions to @JamesArthus23’s new album. @CDStreeter.”
- She also wished Charles his birthday and wrote, “Happy Birthday to my best friend and love @CDStreeter.”
- In April 2020, Olivia took her Twitter account to reminisce about her old-time and dating life. She said he painted a bird for her as a Christmas gift and had written, “you will never be happier than I allow you to be.” Her friends found it creepy and told her the man was a creep.
Aged 20, a man I was dating scratched in small letters, ‘you will never be happier than I allow you to be’ into the corner of an oil painting of a bird he’d done for me as a Xmas gift. When your friends all think the dudes a creep, he’s probably a creep👌🏻in the pics I’m smiling. — Olivia Grant (@OliviaGranted) April 16, 2020