Darnella Frazier, the teenager who recorded the infamous video showing the death of George Floyd, received widespread praise following the conviction of Derek Chauvin, former Minneapolis Police Department officer, on Tuesday.
Following a nearly three-week trial, Derek Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter.
One of the most compelling pieces of evidence was the video seen around the world that Darnella Frazier took, which caught Derek putting a knee on Floyd's neck for almost eight minutes.
During last month’s trial, Frazier also testified and became emotional while explaining the whole situation. She also said,
"When I look at George Floyd, I look at my dad, I look at my brothers, I look at my cousins, my uncles," Frazier said. She said she has stayed up some nights "apologizing and apologizing to George Floyd for not doing more and not physically interacting and not saving his life."
She also added saying,
"it’s not what I should have done. It’s what he (Chauvin) should have done."
On Tuesday after the conviction was announced, Darnella took her Facebook and wrote,
"I just cried so hard." "The last hour, my heart was beating so fast; I was so anxious, anxiety bussing through the roof."
"But to know GUILTY ON ALL THREE CHARGES !!! THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU," Frazier added. "George Floyd, we did it!!"
Frazier soon got recognition for hitting the record button and shining a light on Floyd's murder.
Who Is Darnella Frazier?
- Darnella was born in 2003 in Nashville, Tennesse. However, her birthday remains a mystery. She also has three siblings, two brothers and a sister named KaeeHoneyy. Her sister is a brand ambassador of PureautyNaturals and Rutony Blue Light Protectant glasses.
- Frazier, who witnessed and recorded Floyd’s death, was mentally disturbed, and her parents were the ones who shelled her from all the attention and media frenzy. Darnella and her family abandoned their house in South Minneapolis and relocated to an undisclosed place to be safe from all the ongoing happenings.
- While the incident happened, her father was far from home, but her mother LaTangie Gillespie was present with her and talked to various media about her daughter’s ordeal.
- Moving back to Darnella for education, she attended Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis.
- Well, people are also trying to find if she has a boyfriend or not. While she recorded Floyd’s death, she was with her boyfriend, and even on her Facebook, her relationship status shows “in a relationship.”