With their star cameos, Reservation Dogs has been smashing it. Kaniehtiio Horn, Kiowa Gordon, and Wes Studi all made cameos in this week's program. Horn portrayed the fabled Deer Woman, Gordon played one of her victims, and Studi played Bucky, an innocent townie. While Studi's performance was amusing, Horn's portrayal of Deer Woman was the true star of the night.
Horn's Deer Woman, on the other hand, is more in line with the latter. In episode five, the mythological character is shown as a fierce lady who exclusively hunts down evil guys. In a flashback, Deer Woman tells a young Officer Big that he shouldn't be afraid of her since he's excellent.
Kaniehtiio Horn has been acting since 2004. She's best known for her roles in Letterkenny, 18 to Life, and Hemlock Grove. She's also appeared in Supernatural, Being Human, and The Man in High Castle.
In this article let's discover more about Kaniehtiio.
Who Is Kaniehtiio Horn?
- Kaniehtiio Horn was born on the Kahnawake Mohawk reserve west of Montreal on November 8, 1986, and grew up in Ottawa.
- Her father is a lawyer and is Scottish/German. Kahn-Tineta Horn, her mother, is a former model and a Kahnawake activist. Horn spent her childhood on the reservation and in Ottawa, where her father lived. Waneek Horn-Miller, her sister, was a co-captain of the Canadian women's water polo team in the Sydney Olympics in 2000.
- Kaniehtiio Horn intended to be an actor at an early age, but as a teenager, she focused on swimming and water polo. She earned a theatrical arts degree from Dawson College in 2005 and has featured in many short films.
Check Out: Who Is Casey Bishop From American Idol? Wiki, Age, Height, Instagram, Dating
- She began acting as a student and landed the role of Susan Oke in Indian Summer: The Oka Crisis, a TV drama depicting the 1990 siege between Mohawk protestors and Quebec police. Horn's elder sister was stabbed by a soldier when she was four years old during this crisis; she survived and went on to play water polo for Canada at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympic Games.
- She won an ACTRA award in 2019 for her performance as Gina in Season 3 of the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle. She is most recognized outside of cinema and television for her role as Kanieht: io in the 2012 video game Assassin's Creed III.
- For her role in the television film Moccasin Flats: Redemption, she was nominated for a Gemini Award. She featured in the CBC television series 18 to Life and acted in the 2009 films The Trotsky, Leslie, My Name Is Evil, and The Wild Hunt. She has joined the cast of Hemlock Grove, a Netflix drama.
- The satirical web comedy Ghost BFF, Netflix's Northern Rescue, and Wayne for Youtube Red are among his other television credits. She has also appeared in reruns on Amazon's Man in the High Castle, Defiance, and Alphas for Syfy, as well as being a series regular on Netflix's Hemlock Grove.
Don't Miss: Here’s Why Todd And Julie Chrisley Are Sleeping In Separate Bedrooms: A Divorce??
- Tiio got rave reviews for her role in Ted Geoghegan's action/thriller Mohawk, which she appeared in 2017. She had minor roles in Immortals, On the Road, The Hummingbird Project, and Brandon Cronenberg's soon-to-be-released movie Possessor.
- Kaniehtiio Horn is a working mother who is parenting her eight-month-old son. Last November, Horn gave birth to her baby through emergency C-section. She has kept working while adjusting to life as a new mother with her partner Watio Splicer.
- Horn said she is presently presenting two podcasts: Coffee with My Ma, which chronicles the travels and experiences of her activist mother, Kahentinetha, and co-hosted the 2019 Indspire Awards, while appearing as a guest on the Ior: wase Profiles podcast with Abigail Jacobs recently. She also created, directed, and performed in The Shack, a short film that has won accolades on the short film circuit.
Kaniehtiio Horn On Social Media!!
- Kaniehttio Horn has 64.7k Instagram followers and can be found at @kaniehttio. Her Twitter handle is @kaniehtiio, and she has 32.2k followers. She also has a Facebook page, @Ganyehdiyo Teiontierónnions Horn, with 1,629 followers, where she posts and updates her admirers on many aspects of her life.
- She also has a sperate Instagram handle @coffeewithmymapodcast for her podcast with her mother with 2,573 followers.