Introduction to April Wilkerson From 'Assembly Required'
People who are often on the DIY and house-decorating/building side of YouTube might have stumbled upon at least one of April Wilkerson’s videos. She has been using her YouTube channel to provide several videos on DIY woodwork and metalwork tutorials for people seeking online advice when it comes to building.
April’s talent has led her to join History’s reality show, ‘Assembly Required.’ The series follows builders from all over the United States as they compete from their home workshop, starring Tim Allen and Richard Karn as judges from Home Improvement.
11 Facts About April Wilkerson
- April Wilkerson was born October 3, 1987, under the zodiac sign Libra.
- She grew up in her hometown around the south Texas coast.
Animal Behaviorist: Let's Know More About Jas Leverette From 'Canine Intervention'
- April maintains a loving relationship with her parents and is not hesitant to show her bond with her family on social media. In November 2020, April traveled to Florida with her mum to spend time with her nephews.
- The builder has a considerable presence on social media, mostly on YouTube, where she introduces her channel with these words, “Hey there. I’m April and I’m the creator of Wilker Do’s. I am an obsessed DIYer and Woodworker. I’m not professional or have any training, so I just pick the project I want to tackle and figure it out step by step.”
- Her YouTube channel has over 1.34 million subscribers with more than 185 million views.
- Besides YouTube, April also has considerable reach on Instagram with more than 247K followers.
- For her education, April went to the University of Texas at Arlington to study Business Management and graduated in 2012.
Does Age Matter in Relationship? Lisa Parigi Vast Age Gape Romance With Lionel Richie | Leaves Fans Shock
- 2013 was the start of her actually considering her woodworking hobby a career. When she found out that the thing she wanted in her home was beyond her financial reach, April began building them on her own and started uploading tutorial videos.
- In March 2015, April finally opened her own business, Wilder Do’s, LLC, working as a woodworker.
- She has hosted an episode named Summer Oasis on 'House Hacks' in 2017.
- April was cast on 'Assembly Required' after her blog, Wilker Do’s, and YouTube channel showed a massive audience.
April Wilkerson's Husband
While the details are very scarce, it is known that April married her husband, Cody, in June 2010. She would often share the time she spent with her husband on Instagram.
Who is Ryder Ripps: Fiance of Rapper Azealia Banks
The last time she shared a picture with Cody was back in 2016 during their sixth marriage anniversary. The caption said, “Man time flies! Today Cody and I are celebrating 6 years married #ihaventkilledhimyet hehehe”
Cody helped April during her building projects as he was an Engineer.
People suspect that the two have already divorced since it has been a long time that April mentioned Cody. She also doesn’t wear her wedding band anymore.