Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon got engaged to his longtime boyfriend, Jussi-Pekka ‘JP’ Kajaala.
Adam made the announcement on Instagram as he wrote, “I’m excited to marry JP because he’s just the best. He’s kind, he’s funny, and he’s just as beautiful on the inside as he is on the out (which is a lot). He’s my cheerleader and I’m his. I just love him a lot.”
So, who is the guy that has swept Adam off his feet? Let’s get to know Jussi-Pekka more through these facts.
6 Facts About Jussi-Pekka Kajaala
- Jussi-Pekka Kajaala was born on June 8, 1987, as a Gemini for his zodiac sign.
- A Finnish by nationality, Jussi-Pekka has always resided in Finland - he was even building a summer house there for him and Adam to live in.
- Jussi-Pekka maintains his presence in the social media world with more than 25.5K followers on Instagram.
- When it comes to his job, Jussi-Pekka is a realtor.
- He contributes as a realtor to a real estate business company called Kasslin LKV. He has been in the company since January 2017.
- Jussi-Pekka met Adam Rippon through Tinder.
Jussi-Pekka Kajaala's Relationship With Adam Rippon
After meeting on Tinder, the two only talked for seven months before they started to hang out together. The two of them faced some linguistic challenges at first and they were taking everything slowly as both of them very really busy.
Prior to confirming their relationship, Adam would often share teasing pictures on Instagram. One of those times was in April 2018 when Adam shared a shirtless picture of the two hiking on Los Angeles’ Runyon Canyon and wrote in the caption, “Good boys Finnish first.”
Jussi-Pekka got engaged to Adam around the time when the skater was visiting him in Finland. Apparently, Adam was there from November 2020 until January 2021.
“We didn’t have the chance to see each other for most of 2020. The engagement was something we had talked about earlier so when I was finally able to get to Finland this November we felt like it would be the perfect time.” - Adam Rippon
According to what Adam revealed to PEOPLE, both of the men got down on one knee and proposed together. They were together during everything that led to the unique engagement, from buying the rings to unboxing them and exchanging them.
“We did it at the same time so we both got to be the one who proposed.”
The engagement happened in a very low-key manner at a night at Hotel Kamp in Helsinki.
If you’re wondering about the wedding, Adam has explained that they haven’t started the wedding planning yet. But they have thought about doing a courthouse wedding as it will be “pretty hard” to get both of the families together in the same place. Adam also added that they might probably film the day to share it with their families “so that everyone feels included!”