Former host of The Bachelor Chris Harrison faced widespread criticism after he made racially-insensitive statements is replaced by Emmanuel Acho.
Emmanuel is a former NFL player and best-selling author of Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.
Acho went on his Instagram to announce he will be hosting ‘After the Final Rose’ this year.
"IT’S OFFICIAL: I’ve accepted the Rose and am honored to be hosting the @bachelorabc After the Final Rose this year."
"It’s been a pivotal season, and this episode will hopefully be one of the most storied shows in TV history. Empathy is needed and change is coming. Share the news! I’ll see y’all then! ? ❤️."
According to People, former “Bachelorette” Rachel Lindsay and her husband Bryan Abasolo suggested Emmanuel as a replacement host.
Emmanuel is "very outspoken about racial injustice, for social justice, and has pretty much been the person who said, 'I can have these uncomfortable conversations, and people trust it.' Who better to lead it? [He's] someone who's not involved with the franchise, no ties, no bias. I think it'd be great."
Well, Emmanuel might be well known in several circles, but some people still don’t know much about him. Through this article, unveil everything you need to know about the After the Final Rose host.
Facts On Emmanuel Acho
- Emmanuel Acho was born on 10th November 1990 to parents Christie Acho and Dr. Sonny Acho in Dallas, Texas, United States. His parents are Igbo immigrants from Isuikwuato, Nigeria.
- His father has also served as pastor to the Living Hope Bible Fellowship Church and as a mental health professional in North Dallas.
- Acho has three other siblings Sam, Chichi, and Stephanie, and his entire family is involved in African missionary work.
- Emmanuel graduated from the St. Mark's School of Texas in Dallas, Texas. During his college, he was tabbed the state’s top linebacker by Dave Campbell's Texas Football. Later attended the University of Texas.
Also Read: Meet Erika Perry who sang Katy Perry's ET on American Idol
- Acho stands tall, towering at the height of 6 feet 2 inches (1.87 meters).
- In 2012, Acho was drafted by the Cleveland Browns but missed the entire 2012 season after a leg injury. Later, he played for the NFL for four years.
- After his football career, he hosted Cover Four, co-hosted Speak for Yourself, and will be hosting the 25th season of The Bachelor’s, After the Final Rose.
- In 2020, Emmanuel started a series of Youtube interviews entitled "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man."
- Other than his professional life, his actual net worth is not known.
Another Read: Bindi Irwin & Chandler Powell Counting Days Until They Become Parents!
- Emmanuel previously dated a Nigerian-American actress and comedian, Yvonne Orji. The couple made their relationship public in May 2018 and dated for a little over a year before putting a full stop to their relationship.