Mike Polisky was assigned as athletic director on 3rd May 2021 as the replacement to Jim Phillips. However, just after handling the position for ten days, he resigned from the post on 12th May 2021 amid escalating student protests heated up.
Polisky’s position was at risk due to many reasons about sexual harassment and racial discrimination.
Mike Polisky Resigns
On Wednesday, Mike Polisky resigned from his position after the ongoing students protest. Polisky, who was part of Northwestern since 2010, had been a part of the criticism for a long time.
When Mike was given the position of Athletic Director, the college students were against it and began protesting.
In February 2021, 80 women faculty members signed a letter to the university demanding greater transparency in investigating allegations made by former cheerleaders. Former member of Northwestern’s cheerleading team from 2016 -- 2018, Erica Carter said,
“No: There’s racism, there’s sexism, there are sexual harassment complaints, there’s leadership failure.”
“And that’s why you can’t do your job effectively.”
Now, Mike, who has resigned from his position, many breathe a sigh of justice. In a statement, he also wrote,
“Over the last 10 days, it has become clear to me that the current challenges will not allow me to effectively lead our department, especially during these unsettling times in college athletics.”
“My love and respect for Northwestern and our student-athletes, coaches, and staff is greater than my own desire to lead the department.
"I do not want to be a distraction to our incredible men and women as they pursue a collective goal – to help our student-athletes become the best they can be. While my family and I are disappointed, I move forward knowing this is the right decision.”
Facts On Mike
- Mike Polisky was born on 24th March 1969 in Illinois, Chicago, to parents Earl Polisky and Sharon Berliner Polisky. Sadly, his mother passed away at the age of 72 and his father at 77.
- More about his family, he has two siblings Jennifer and Jeffrey.
- Furthermore, Mike has a height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.77 meters), weighing 74 kgs. He is not very active on social media; although he has made a few posts on Facebook, he cannot be found on Twitter and Instagram.
- He attended the University of Lowa for education and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism in 1991. Thereafter, he began working with Public Communications Inc. as senior account supervisor till 1996.
- Then in 1996, he joined Jim Beam Brands Co as account marketing manager and worked there till 2000.
- Before joining Northwestern, he worked in Liquor.Com.Inc and as a general manager for a football team in Chicago.
- While he worked for Northwestern, Mike received an annual paycheck of $1.57 million per Celebpie. However, his actual net worth is not known.
- Peeking inside his personal life, he is a married man. He is married to Elizabeth “Liz” O’Brien. With his wife, he shares three children, Mia Polisky, Anna Polisky, and Sam Polisky. His daughter Mia attended the University of Missouri, and his son Sam attended the University of Kentucky. Meanwhile, his daughter Anna works at Marquette University as a biomedical student.