Who is Bershan Shaw? Joining The Real Housewives of New York City is The Two-Time Breast Cancer Survivor
Joining the latest season of ‘The Real Housewives of New York City’ is business and life coach Bershan Shaw.
After the Bravo team confirmed that the international motivational speaker would be joining the series for its upcoming 13th season, people have been curious about Bershan Shaw. So, let’s get to know her through these facts.
7 Facts About Bershan Shaw
- Bershan Shaw celebrates her birthday every 22nd of December as a Capricon for her zodiac sign.
- She is a family person and maintains a close bond with her parents, especially her father. She often posts pictures with her father on social media, letting people know that she is truly a daddy’s girl. As Bershan has revealed once, her mother passed away because of breast cancer.
- For her education, Bershan attended Syracuse University and graduated with her Broadcast Journalism degree. She has an M.A. in Journalism from New York University.
- She did a lot of jobs to make a life for herself in New York - the entrepreneur worked as a waitress and hosted at several New York City restaurants before she finally opened her own bar and restaurant, ‘Haven Lounge.’
- Her podcast, ‘Buckle Up with Bershan,’ on UBNGO (United Broadcast Network Go) has achieved more than 1.4 million downloads.
- Bershan was named a US Ambassador by Women of The World (WOW) at the home of Her Royal Highness Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker Bowles.
- She is the author of 'URAWARRIOR 365 Ways to Challenge You to a Better Life,' which was released in 2014.
- The regular of ABC 7’s Good Morning Washington DC is appearing in The Real Housewives as one of the first black stars in the RHONY cast alongside Eboni K. Williams, another newest Housewife.
Bersan Shaw is a Two-time Breast Cancer Survivor
Bershan is a two-time breast cancer survivor, who has shared her story with millions and has inspired more with her “perseverance and dedication.”
She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 33. After undergoing radiation, her cancer went into remission only to return two weeks before her wedding, with doctors giving her an estimation of six to nine months to live.
After beating cancer for the second time, Bershan started her social support site, URAWarrior.
With her experience and story, Bershan has made it as an international transformational speaker, TV personality, podcast host, and American #1 business coach. Her “Warrior Method” has helped her with coaching over “1000 leaders, executives, entrepreneurs” and more as per her website.
Is She Married?
When Bershan appeared on Love In the City, she was still married. However, her 2020 birthday post on Instagram hinted that she was no longer married. She wrote a long caption that expressed her gratefulness for having passed another year after beating cancer and how she would be “claiming 2021.”
I used to be afraid of going for it in life. I was afraid to start a business so huge because I may get sick. I was afraid to get into real relationships because the cancer could come back. I was afraid to have a baby because I didn’t want to die and leave the kid with no mom well TODAY it’s no more fear.”
2021 I claim victory on my life. I’m having a baby next year. I’m getting married. I’m claiming all the victory in my life. I’m playing big. I’m claiming huge wealth, success, joy, abundance and huge give backs to the community.”