Chris D’Elia has been sued by a woman who claims he solicited nude photos from her during a sexual relationship when she was only 17 years of age.
She filed the complaint on Tuesday, March 2, and it states that Chris is being sued for alleged violation of federal child sexual exploitation and child pornography laws.
The suit claims that the comedian solicited “more than 100 sexually explicit photos and videos” from the woman who identifies as Jane Doe - almost half of those photos and videos were of the time while she was underage. Jane is not suing him for being sexually active in the relationship, as the two allegedly had sex in Connecticut where the age of consent is 16.
Street Outlaws: Justin "Big Chief" Shearer Never Cheated on His Wife
In the complaint, Jane claims that she sent a message to Chris on Instagram in 2014 when she was 17, not expecting him to actually respond. The suit alleges that Chris was on his “Under No Influence” stand-up tour when he corresponded with Jane through Snapchat.
According to the suit, “During sex, Defendant D’Elia asked Ms. Doe several times to tell him how old she was. She told him she was 17-years-old, and he responded that the fact that Ms. Doe was only 17—a minor—was ‘hot.’”
Jane issued a statement through her legal team that read,
When I was in my final year of high school and still a child, I was groomed by a celebrity twice my age. Chris D’Elia abused his status and fame to lure me in, take advantage and manipulate me when I was at a vulnerable age. I want any other girls out there to know that they are not alone, and it is time to get justice for the mental and physical toll he has put us through.”
Chris’ spokesperson issued a statement to E! News that said, “Chris denies these allegations and will vigorously defend against them in court.”
This claim comes after the 40-year-old actor-comedian faced allegations of previously having sexually harassed underage girls. He denied all the accusations.
In June 2020, Chris was reportedly let go by his representative at CAA, WME, and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Recently, on February 2021, Chris posted a YouTube video breaking his silence about the scandal where he said that sex “controlled my life” and that he had to “take a long, hard look at myself.” In the video, he claimed that his relationships were legal and consensual.