Dave Filoni is an American director, television writer, voice actor, animator, and television producer best known for Avatar: The Last Airbender, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and The Mandalorian.
In addition, Dave has also been credited as one of the executive producers, writer, and creator of the web series Star Wars Forces of Destiny, Star Wars The Bad Batch, and Star Wars Resistance.
Recently, in 2021, he has been promoted to become the executive director of LucasFilm to oversee all of LucasFilm Animation projects.
In this article, let's learn about Dave’s age, bio, height, net worth, and relationship with his wife, Anne Convery.
Dave Promoted As Executive Director
Dave Filoni was promoted to executive director in May 2021, and his title was changed on the Lucasfilm website. Upon his achievement, he received lots of congratulatory messages. Alongside his fans, the cast members of The Mandalorian and the Star Wars franchise showered him with best wishes.
According to Variety, Dave’s promotion took place in 2020; however, it was updated online in 2021. As he is promoted, he received a chance to work directly under Kathleen Kennedy, president of LucasFilm.
Facts On Dave Filoni
- Dave Filoni was born on 7th June 1974 in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania, a suburb in Pittsburgh. His parents are named Patricia Ann and Albert Lawrence Filoni. His father was a classical and an opera music fan.
- Dave embraces a mixed ethnicity, as his father is of Italian origin and mother of Croatian and English.
- He stands at the height of 6 feet (1.82 meters).
- He graduated from the Mt. Lebanon High School in 1992 and Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 1996.
- During his early career days, Dave worked for various animated series like Kim Possible, Teamo Supremo, and King of the Hill as a storyboard artist and assistant director. Later, he directed many of Nickelodeon's first season episodes of Avatar's animated series: The Last Airbender.
- In 2005, he received a job offer from George Lucas to help him expand his animation studio and the studio’s first show, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- In 2008, Dave directed Star Wars: The Clone Wars and also served as the supervision director in the animated TV show.
- In 2014, he served as an executive producer for Star Wars Rebels, and in 2017, he worked to create The Mandalorian with Jon Favreau. Jon is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
- In The Mandalorian, he worked as an actor and gave voice to the bounty Embo and the droid Cheep in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Moreover, per Celebrity Net Worth, he has an estimated net worth of $4 million.
- Moving towards his personal life, let’s learn about his relationship with his wife. He is married to Elizabeth Anne Convery. His wife is also connected with Dave’s work as she appeared in the anthology The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark. She also wrote a short story titled Bug. With Dave, she has authored a book, The Confidence chronicles. The book is about a steampunk fantasy and a mystery story set in the gold rush, California.
- Dave and his wife Anne, 46, have not revealed their wedding date and have not shared any details on if they share any kids.
- However, the couple often features each other on their social media account respectively.