Who Is Rob Robinson From Last Chance U: Basketball & Where Is He Now?
Netflix’s ‘Last Chance U: Basketball’ has turned its focus towards junior college basketball. The show highlighted powerhouse athletes and renowned coaches.
In the show, Rob Robinson teaches players how to shoot hoops and guides the East Los Angeles College (ELAC) Huskies players.
Giving a peek inside the show, Rob has left quite the impact on the players. Now, let’s dig inside this article to learn more about coach Rob Robinson.
Where Is Rob Robinson Now?
Rob Robinson, the latest addition to the East Los Angeles College (ELAC), hopes to land a full-time post with ELAC. He also works as a part-time virtual teacher for a couple of other institutions.
Over a two-decade run, he has helmed a successful career as a head coach at Notre Dame High School; Rob was named Cal-Hi State Coach of the Year, the Press-Enterprise Coach the Year, and SCIBCA Southern Section Coach of the Year.
Currently, Rob works between 9 and 10 hours a day and spends most of his teaching time with player KJ Allen.
Facts About Rob Robinson
- Rob was born in 1977 in Kansas City, Missouri. However, he was raised in Leavenworth, Kansas, before moving to California. In California, he finished high school at Cabrillo High.
- After high school, in 1996, he played basketball for three schools; Allen Hancock Community College, Stephen F. Austin State University, and UC-Riverside. After that
- In 1997, he graduated from UC Riverside with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology. For his master’s degree, he attended Emporia State University in Kanas and graduated in 2005 with a degree in Instruction and Curriculum.
- Over 20 years, Rob is leading a very successful career as a basketball coach. He first began his journey as an assistant coach for Allen Hancock Community college and later became a head basketball coach for Columbus Cager -- USBL.
- He works in different institutions and as one of the assistant coaches at East Los Angeles College Huskies (ELAC).
- During his career span, he has successfully made a net worth of six-digit units. However, for now, his net worth is under the rock.
- Talking about his married life, he is a married man. He has been married to his wife Krysten since 1997. His wife worked at Corona Norco Unified School District (CNUSD) and Pearson Education as a ‘Literacy Specialist.’
- Rob and his wife have three sons together, KJ, 20. Meda, 20, and Justus, 18.