Gordon Hayward was full of excitement heading into the 2021-22 NBA season, as he began Hornets training camp after his first fully healthy offseason since 2016.
Unfortunately, he did not get the training camp and preseason he had hoped for due to circumstances beyond his control.
On October 6, 2021, the veteran forward joined the NBA's health and safety standards, which caused him to miss Charlotte's last three preseason games.
For the first time after recovering from COVID 19, Gordon Hayward spoke to the Hornet media. Hayward tried to see the bright side of things, stating he's glad he acquired COVID-19 now rather than later in the season.
Facts About Gordon Hayward
- Gordon Daniel Hayward was born on March 23, 1990, in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
- He is a professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association for the Charlotte Hornets (NBA).
- He is primarily a small forward who wears the number 20 shirt.
- He previously played for several teams until being dealt with the Charlotte Hornets in return for a conditional 2022 season-round selection pick, as well as 2023 and 2024 second-round draft picks.
- Hayward has also stifled national items at a number of international gatherings. In addition, he was named to the United States team for the 2009 FIBA Under-19 World Championship.
- In 2016, he was a finalist for a spot on the US Olympic squad. He was a member of the Utah Jazz from 2010 to 2017, and then the Boston Celtics from 2017 to 2020.
- Hayward guided Butler to the NCAA Tournament championship game in 2010. In 2017, he was named to his first NBA All-Star team.
- Jody Hayward and Gordon Scott Hayward, Gordon's caring parents, raised him alongside his twin sister, Heather. (Heather is his only sibling)
- Hayward enjoys spending time with his family, and he frequently shared photos of them on social media with his friends and family.
- He was a tennis player at Brownsburg High School in Brownsburg, Indiana.
- Gordon Hayward and his wife, Robyn Hayward, have a happy marriage.
- Gordon Theodore Hayward, Charlotte Margaret Hayward, Nora Mae Hayward, and Bernadette Marie Hayward are the couple's four children, who were born in 2014.
- Standing at the height of 6 feet and 7 inches, Gordon is a towering figure.
- During the 2018 NCAA Division, Hayward was seen in commercials for Unilever's men's body care range.
Gordon Hayward's social media accounts appear to be quite active. Gordon has 1.3 million Instagram followers under the handle @gordonhayward.