Scottie Barnes shocked everybody during the 2021 NBA Draft and believes he can be one of the best players. He secured in the 2021 Draft as the fourth pick by Toronto Raptors.
Let’s learn more about Barnes’ age, height, parents, net worth, baby mama, kids, and career.
Who Is Scottie Barnes?
Scottie Barnes is an American professional basketball player who played college basketball for the Florida State Seminoles. Since he was in the third grade, he walked around with a basketball and soon went to the Salvation Army to play basketball.
Scottie practiced every night in the middle of the road, and the same perseverance got him to where he reached today.
More From Us: Who Is Isabel Johnson From 'Love Island: Casa Amor?’
Barnes played at Alice Mickens Park or the Salvation Army. However, he got his first real exposure after discovering a travel team and spent a year at Cardinal Newman. But it did not work out for him, but he still earned the Palm Beach Post’s All-Area Small Schools second team.
As of now, he is selected with the fourth overall pick by the Toronto Raptors in the 2021 NBA draft.
As 19, Scottie has made an estimated net worth of $6 million.
Facts On Barnes
- Scottie was born on 1st August 2001 in West Palm Beach, Florida, United States.
- His parents are named Scott Barnes Sr. and Kathalyn Wilkins. His father hailed from Jamaica and has also been quite an influence on Scottie’s basketball career. His father made him watch a ton of Magic Johnson’s tape while growing up.
- As per Barnes’ mother, she hailed from Long Beach, California, and attended William T. Dwyer High School and William T Dwyer & Polytechnic. She also worked at C. N. A, SECURITY OFFICER, and NOW @ IQOR.
- Sadly, his parents are not together, and after the separation, his mother took sole responsibility for the kids.
- More about his family, he has three siblings, Jon French Barnes, Shaw Barnes, and Shellya Wilkins.
- Moving on, Scottie stands at the height of 6 feet 9 inches (2.05 meters), weighing 102 kgs.
- For education, he studied at Montverde Academy and later attended University School in Fort Lauderdale.
- He also attended Cardinal Newman High School, and during his freshman year, he played basketball. He played his team to a 19-8 record and the 5A regional semifinals from 2016 to 2017. From 2017-18, Barnes helped his team to 36-2 records, a 5A state championship, a City of Palms Classic title, and the GEICO High School Nationals; during the GEICO Nationals averaged 21.3 ppg. And 9.7 RPG. over three games.
- He also played alongside 2020 USA Nike Hoop Summit teammates Cade Cunningham and Day’Ron Sharpe. Later, he signed a National Letter of Intent with Florida State University and was ranked No.8 in the ESPN class of 2020 rankings.
- Scottie has been named the conference Freshman of the Week two times.
- Getting inside Barnes’ personal life, he is not married and does not have a baby of his own. He has also not shared anything related to his dating life; thus, no information about his girlfriend is known.