A new culinary-focused series, The Globe, launches on Discovery+ from July 17th!
The Globe is a five-episode cooking contest where four talented chefs compete across three rounds of culinary gameplay.
The show is hosted by Robert Irvine and features judges and cooking extraordinaire Daniela Soto-Innes. Chef Shirley Chung will also make an appearance on the show.
Daniela appears as a judge on the show after earning the title of the youngest honoree to be named the World’s Best Female Chef by The World’s Best 50 Restaurants in 2019. On the show, she will take its competitors and viewers around the world through cuisines.
This article mainly focuses on Daniela Soto-Innes; let’s learn her life beyond the camera.
All Facts On Daniela Soto-Innes
- Daniela was born on 26th August 1990 in Mexico City. Later, her family moved to Texas after her mother got a job in Houston. Her mother’s dream was to become a chef but became a lawyer due to her parent’s pressure. Moreover, her father also practiced law.
- Moving on, she is the youngest of three sisters. One of her sisters is a physical therapist, and the other is a lawyer.
- Back to Daniela, she became influenced in the culinary field by her grandmother, who ran her bakery. However, before she intended to cook, she was a competitive swimmer until the age of 20.
- She is a Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas graduate. She also held positions at Brennan’s and Underbelly in Houston.
- She stands tall at the height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters).
- Talking about her career, Daniela works as a Chef/Instructor at Pollps en LIamas Cancún. She also runs Damian, a Japanese-influenced Mexican restaurant, and Ditroit, a taquería.
- In February 2021, she retired from her role as a chef/partner of Cosme and Atla.
- In 2014, she was named the James Beard Rising Star Chef, and in 2017, she was listed in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30: Food & Drink List.
- During her career span, she has made an estimated net worth of $5 million.
- Moving towards her love life, Daniela is married to fellow chef Blaine Wetzel. Her husband is a Chef at the Willows Inn in Lummi Island, Washington. He had also served at Noma, L’Auberge Carmel, Relais & Chateaux, The Phoenician Resort, and citronelle.
- The couple first met in 2019 while they attended “The world’s 50 Best Restaurants 2018” celebration.
- They soon started dating and continued their long-distance relationship. In March 2019, the pair got engaged in Tulum, Mexico. On the day of their engagement, Daniela has voted the World’s Best Female Chef. They had a double celebration, and Blaine took to his Instagram to announce the good news.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Officially the luckiest man alive. Sorry guys, I got the queen! I found the love of my life, the most beautiful woman who is my best friend, my biggest inspiration, and also the funniest comedian alive. @danielasotoinnes radiates with positive energy and endless happiness and is the sweetest most loving person who lives to make others smile... SHE.SAID.YES!!!!!!-To a life always together in spirit, flying high with amazing power and always with freedom, with the courage to look at our beautiful present and our future with endless happiness, patience, and fun adventures (definitely tons of those). The happiest moment of my life and the beginning of a new life together.
Mi amor eterno, vamos unto para siempre.🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
- On 25th January 2020, Daniela and Blaine walked down the aisle and exchanged their I Do’s.