Shad Mayfield won the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo's tie-down roping round on Friday. With the $26,997 prize, he moved up two places in the global rankings to second. Mayfield was beaten to the final money place by Solomon, who finished second with a $4,353 prize. Mayfield ran the distance in 9.3 seconds.
Shad Mayfield is a well-known professional Rodeo Cowboys Association tie-down roping athlete who competed in the National Rodeo Finals has piqued the interest of viewers.
Everything you need to know about Shad Mayfield
- Shad Mayfield is a professional tie-down roping athlete from the United States.
- Currently 21 years old, Shad was born and raised in the comfort of his family in New Mexico.
- He's had a passion for sports since he was seven years old when he witnessed his father compete at a national level.
- He liked to ride horses and play basketball in school.
- Shad Mayfield was born to Sylvester and Joellen Mayfield. His parents live in Clovis, New Mexico.
- When Shad Mayfield competed in the National Rodeo Finals, he received a lot of attention.
- Shad was crowned champion of the National High School Rodeo Association.
- He was named the world's No. 1 player at the age of 19 years old.
- His family was not surprised because they had seen his rope when he was a toddler.
- Shelby, his younger sister, also participates in his family sport.
- Rodeo is in his blood since his father competed in it when he was younger.
- His father, Sylvester Mayfield gained fame after qualifying for the nationals in the late 1980s.
- Shad picked him and Trevor Brazile as his icons, indicating that the father-son combo had a tight bond.
- Shad Mayfield's net worth is $325,962 as of 2021.
- He steadily climbed the ranks after joining the club in 2018. He rose to 12th place the following year.
- He won his first title in 2020, earning him a spot in the Wrangler NRF.
- He has competed in and won different tournaments throughout the United States.
- In 2020, he co-championed after winning five contests.
- Shad appears to be enjoying his single life at the moment, with no dating rumors.
- He appears to be entirely concentrated on his life's work.