Former “American Idol” star Ron Bultongez, who nearly made it to the top during the 2018 season, was arrested for multiple counts of having sex with a minor in Grapevine, Texas.
On Thursday, he turned himself in last Thursday as per the TMZ report. The Tarrant County District Attorney said Ron had been charged on four counts of sexual penetration of a minor under 17 on four occasions between December 2020 and February 2021.
Bultongez was released after spending multiple days in custody once he posted a $50,000 bond.
Ron has not yet had a court appearance in connection with the allegations per the TMZ report.
Who Is Ron Bultongez?
- Ron is a singer-songwriter and recording artist at Marked Musique Records.
- He was born on 14th February 1996 in D.R.Congo to a Congo refugee family. He and his family lived through a civil war in Congo.
- He has not talked much about his father but often shares about his mother on his Instagram.
- Moving on, Ron stands tall at the height of 6 feet (1.82 meters), weighing 170 lbs.
- In June 2020, he pursued two double degrees in Finance/Economics and Human Rights for education.
- Talking about his American Idol journey, he made it pretty far. During an audition, he sang “Home,” which touched Katy Perry emotionally, and during the showcase round, he sang “All I Want” by Kodaline.
- Then, during the Banners in a duet with Banners, he sang “Dancing on My Own” and “Someone to You.” But, unfortunately, he did not make it through the Top 24.
- Although he couldn’t make it through American Idol, he has made a name in the music industry.
- In April 2016, he joined the company and released his debut album, “Thank You PLANO.” Ron is also a music producer at Kombo Studios and executive coordinator at Dream Big Concerts.
- Peeking inside his love life, currently, he does not seem to be dating anyone; however, we know that he is a single father of his son named James Melody, born in 2017.
- His baby mama showed up carrying James during Ron’s American Idol audition; however, they are not together.
- On 8th October 2018, Ron tweeted, saying he gives up on being a single parent and his next girlfriend will be getting the ring. But afterward, he never spoke about his relationship or commitment.
- However, he is often seen exchanging his bitter experience of a dating life.
After seeing my ABC commercial, an ex-girlfriend of mine (who toyed with my heart) Literally texted me “Hey, I’m sorry things didn’t work out between us. I wanna try to make things work.”
I then proceeded to send her the link to my new music video. Sorry not sorry.
- Keeping his relationship drama aside, Ron often features his son on his Instagram then and now.