Chopped is a series that has recently given us two spin-off series – Chopped 420 and Chopped NextGen! Chopped was first launched in 2009 on Food Network, and now, in 2021, the show is back where several chefs compete against one another to win $10K.
Jay Abrams is one of the returning participants competing against others. He first appeared in 2016 in the reality cooking contest Chopped: Beat Bobby Flay: Part 1. He made it to the end of the champions round back then.
Four years later, he has returned and is all set to compete against 11 other contestants.
In this article, learn all about Jay, like his age, wiki, height, net worth, and many more.
All Facts On Jay Abrams
- Jay was born on 27th August 1982 in Vancouver. However, he was raised in Denver.
- He started cooking for his family since he was a child. He used to run around telling everyone that he wanted to be a chef. Abrams has been very open about his love for cooking. He also recalled that he used to wait for his parents to finish cleaning the kitchen to destroy it again with some weird creation.
- Although he has not been open about mentioning his parent’s identity, his love for them has always been visible through his words.
- More about his family, he has two sisters, and one of his elder sisters lives in Boulder, Colorado, with her two kids.
- Moving on, Jay stands at the height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.77 meters) and has a bald head, brown eyes, and tattoos over his arms and chest.
- Talking about his social media presence, he is active on Instagram, with above 2K followers. On his account, he usually posts pictures related to traveling and culinary skills.
Don't Miss: A 9-Year-Old Victoria Brinker Gets The Latest Golden Buzzer & Makes History!
- Jay, who was always passionate about cooking, took a significant step at 15 after working as a butcher assistant. Slowly he ranked up his way and started cooking at Western State Colorado University. Later, he pursued culinary at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts.
- In 2009, he worked as a sous chef at Brix Restaurant and Gardens. Since he began his career as a chef, he has worked at Trace Restaurant, Off the Grid, Presidio Social Club, and Bi-Rite Catering and Events.
- Currently, he works as an executive chef at Compass Group USA in Mountain View, California.
- He has made an estimated net worth of $800K, and if he wins the show Chopped, he will add more sum to his net worth.
- Moving towards his love life, he is yet to get married. However, he is dating his girlfriend Denise since 2017. She has appeared on Jay’s Instagram multiple times.